Tuesday, June 29, 2010

ht has arrived! :)

Hello all!

  Leah and Jeff decided that it would be my task to update the blog, since I’ve now been their new roomie for over a week!  Just to clarify, it’s Heather (Leah’s sister) writing.  I’m not a frequent blogger, nor am I a stellar journalist, so bare with me. 
  Now, where to begin…
  Well, I left home 2 weeks ago on the 15th of June.  I extended my layover until Wednesday night, so I got to spend one night with my best friend Sherri and her fiancé Wayne out in Vancouver.  After a fantastic visit with them, it was time to leave trusty ole Canada and head down unda.  By the time I finally got to Sydney it was about 8am on Friday the 18th, local time.  Leah and her friend Tamara were at the airport to greet me, and let me tell you, after that hefty flight, I sure was happy to see them. 
  After spending a nice low-key day settling in after my early-morning arrival on Friday, the next day Lee, Jeff and I walked down to Circular Quay, where I got some gorgeous views (and pics, as you’ll see below) of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House.  We grabbed some lunch on a rooftop nearby, walked through some markets, and made our way through the Botanical Gardens and Hyde Park.  The day was topped off with an evening over at Luke and Tamara’s place for dinner and Wii Bowling (at which I was an all-star, thank you very much! Haha). 



  I am currently still on the hunt for a job, but hopefully I’ll be a workin’ girl in no time.  Until then, I’m enjoying my days wandering throughout the city, getting to know my new home.  Since Leah’s placement only has her in Wednesday through Friday, we were able to get out today to Bondi Beach.  Although 15 degrees doesn’t sound too warm, it was a lovely (and sunny!) winter day down at the beach.  We got some gorgeous photos and took a nice stroll down the beach. 
  All in all, I’m having a splendid time here.  It’s so great to see these two again, and I can’t wait to see all the trouble we get in to in the coming months.
  Hope all is well!!

Love and Smiles,
   -ht-  xox

No comments:

Post a Comment